PC Support Tech - Full Time Direct Hire 18-00045
Call for package
09-11-2018 10:26 PM
Our client a leading asset management organization is looking to hire a Desktop / PC Support engineer to be their solo technician for their Chicago location. The successful candidate analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains the computer systems and peripheral equipment. This individual performs routine preventive maintenance on all computer system equipment. and also utilizes diagnostic programs and electronic test equipment. The IT Support Engineer works under immediate supervision. Up to 15% travel.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Install and resolve technical issues with user PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, and mobile devices. The user base consists of approximately 200 users
- Must have solid understanding of server and networking.
- Provide prompt support to users via email, phone, and other electronic means.
- Own issues through resolution, escalating to appropriate support member/team when necessary.
- Keep leadership apprised of issues, status, and resolution, escalating when necessary.
- Occasional night and weekend work required as well as some overnight travel,.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performs or ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, mobile devices, or appropriate software.
- Maintain records of trouble tickets, daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Possible overtime and schedule changes based on business needs; remain on-call to assist in the event of off hours outages.
- On-call rotation of after-hours support is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years with PC support/maintenance, experience installing and supporting hardware and software in a support environment
- Specific Programs and Systems - Knowledgeable of Windows, Office product suite, VPN and local area network.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles for providing strong customer and personal service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Transportation required for occasional travel to local branch locations.
- Must have clean credit record (be able to qualify for corporate credit card).
- Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other standard office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to manage priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and to accomplish goals.
- Solid analytical skills – uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- A+ certification a plus.