Business Analyst - 19-00036
Full Time/Direct Hire
Contact for Details
06-14-2019 06:34 PM
Our client, a leading investment bank, located in St. Louis MO, is looking to hire on a direct/full-time basis, multiple Business Analyst openings. This is a Full Time opportunity and our Client is not sponsoring.
- Responsible for administering, maintaining the health, and enhancing both Client and Advisor Facing Applications focusing on the Wealth/Private Client Group applications primarily used by the Wealth/PCG business unit and external clients; and playing an active role, in larger firm initiatives. A detail oriented, ambitious team player that meets deadlines, solves problems, gathers requirements, and completes projects in a timely manner to help the firm grow. Always ensure applications are exceeding the needs of both Clients and Advisors. General guidelines/instructions are provided but employee exercises some discretion in selecting method of work and sources of information; only unusual or unfamiliar situations are referred to supervisor; review typically occurs at the conclusion of assignments.
- Translate business goals/expectations into specific objectives, and those objectives then into detailed business requirements, specifications and processes.
- Ability to evoke and translate information from a variety of sources into meaningful content that is directly applicable to the project.
- Ability to understand the needs of the Business Owner, Development staff, Quality Assurance team, and project manager(s) to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accurate manor.
- Understands expectations that were set with Front Office users and/or clients and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery. Can then communicate instance both vertically and horizontally throughout firm/department.
- Understand the regulatory or business need required on various applications.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to management that encompass issues at hand.
- Can define a complete and accurate test plan by identifying testing conditions, use cases, exception basis, testing resources and script execution timeframes.
- Improves upon existing approaches and applications by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current industry and regulatory practices to fresh alternative solutions.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow team members.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- May occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Above average amount of bending and crawling as needed for installation.
- Some travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional and/or national travel, up to 20%.
- Must be available to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Bachelors degree required
- Series 7 and 66/63 license preferred but not required (position offers opportunity to obtain)
- Able to clearly communicate in verbal/non-verbal and written forms to articulate themselves.
- Able to have clear, professional and open dialogue with team members, other departments, partners/vendors, and direct management.
- Having an understanding that we are not in a stale environment and being willing and able to accept and adapt to change.
- Able to shift priorities based on need and as situations warrant. Doesn't throw up roadblocks to change.
- Results oriented. Willing to do whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Focuses on the end result and ensuring that appropriate time and resources are allocated to attain the end result.
- Demonstrates the ability to work together in a collaborative way.
- Willing to sacrifice personal gain for achievement of the overall team. Able to put personal differences to the side to ensure that the team climate is not jeopardized.
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships both inside and outside of individual team. Demonstrates the ability to use relationships to advance projects or work that needs to be completed.
- Able to focus on actions needed to improve own work/competencies and takes action on the development areas necessary. Willingly accepts feedback and looks to continuously advance skillset/competencies.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It may or may not involve actually solving the problem.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative cause and effect of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Managing one's own time and priorities to ensure the meeting of deadlines.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Able to create plans to ensure work gets completed.
- Able to organize themselves to ensure that processes are followed, and work is completed in a timely manner.
- Able to set and adjust priorities, tasks and deadlines based on severity and urgency of departmental and firm-goals.
- Willingness to assist in urgent situations whenever required; goes to understanding and setting of priorities.